Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sorry! We're Closed! You're Screwed!


In what has become an all too predictable pattern, my gym has shuttered its doors. This makes three gyms that have closed this year, pretty much within weeks, if not days, of my joining. This most recent closing was Impact Fitness, which opened maybe two months ago a solid six months behind schedule. The sign states they are "temporarily closed." More appropriate wording, I believe, would be that they were "temporarily open." In fact, my experience with this gym (formerly Downtown Athletic Club, which closed on me after ONE visit) leads me to question whether Somebody Up There really wants me to exercise. And I, for once, plan on listening to the Big Guy........at least until another gym temporarily opens in that God-forsaken spot on Broughton Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment